[MlMt] Smart Mailboxes vs. Filters

Sun Jul 6 05:20:18 EDT 2014

On 4 Jul 2014, at 10:50, Gary Hull wrote:

> Will you be implementing any more Rules actions, such as "Mark as
> Read"?

You can request actions to make sure I'm aware of the need for anything
specific. “Mark as Read” is available as “Set Tag Seen” (I've
considered making a specialized “Mark as Read” variant to make this
easier to “find”).

> Also, how about a Condition "verb" of "matches regex of"?

Already noted, but this is not a quick fix. Don't expect it soon.

> A question: Under what circumstances is Mailbox > Apply Rules (or
> right click on a mailbox > Apply Rules) dimmed? I often can't seem to
> get it to work.

Yes, this is currently a bit tricky. “Apply Rules” only applies the
rules of the currently selected mailbox. If the mailbox has no rules (or
no messages are selected) then the menu item is dimmed. I'm considering
various options to change/improve how this works.