[MlMt] Adding S/MIME certificates to keychain from signed messages

Matt Gray rrazor at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 15:13:55 EDT 2014

Is there a way within MailMate to open certificates related to S/MIME
signed messages?

Right now my only means to add new certificates is via “Message > Save
Attachments...” and passing the resulting .p7s file through a somewhat
awkward process:

  1. $ openssl pkcs7 -in smime.p7s -inform DER -print_certs
  2. Scroll to find the cert I want
  3. Copy the cert text
  4. pbpaste > tmp.cer && open tmp.cer

“Message > Open attachments” means I have to click cancel through
several dialogs, and the multiple certs present in the .p7s file seem to
confuse it, as I never have the opportunity to add the certificate I
want to—only an intermediate cert.

Is there a better way?

--
Matt