[MlMt] proper threading - Re: Initial questions on mailmate

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 05:06:06 EST 2014

>> Any way to use regular expression in the grouping or would that be
>> too slow/ineffective?
>
> No, the current implementation only allows simple header elements. It
> would be slower, but technically I don't think there are any problems
> with allowing a format string. It would also allow the use of multiple
> headers to take part in the partitioning. It would require a GUI
> change though or it would be a low-level-only feature.
>
> But I'm not sure it's the right way to do this. A more general feature
> would be to allow the definition of a virtual header to be based on a
> format string. This would make your header “transformation”
> available everywhere in the GUI. Maybe such definitions could also be
> part of bundles, e.g., you could have a “JBIDE” bundle (whatever
> JBIDE is) which provides this virtual header automatically. It's
> harder to implement though (but somewhat similar to, e.g., the virtual
> “Mailer” header). Note that I'm just thinking out loud here -- not
> making any promises :-)

JBIDE is just a jira key. More generally I'm just looking to show this
list per key instead of full subject: http://screencast.com/t/SMEsoHBEjG

Thus it should probably be more like ([a-z]*-[0-9]*)

but i'm actually now realising what is wrong here - these should
actually be shown as threads but they are not ;/

The mails has: