[MlMt] show List-Id headers or more direct support for unsubcribe of mailing lists ?

Fri Jan 10 15:28:06 EST 2014

On 10 Jan 2014, at 20:23, Mike Brasch wrote:

> The other way could be automatic guessing derived from the header
> information of the first n mails in current folder (I would expect
> that all users of mailing lists let sort the messages into appropriate
> folders.)
>
> If I see the header, it might be difficult to find the correct
> from-address. Often I used aliases which appears in a slightly
> different version in each mail. One example is alias at provider.de
> appears in header like "X-Remote-Delivered-To:
> alias at 123456provider.de". The correct address alias at provider.de
> appears only in the 2nd "Received:"-block.

As long as the Address Pattern (or the list of email addresses) in the
IMAP account settings are correct then MailMate should be able to find
the correct from address in most cases. Otherwise, I'm always interested
in knowing when this doesn't work.

>> I've inserted a boolean to enable this code, but I haven't tested it.
>> You can tell me about any issues when the next test version is out
>> :-)
>>
>> 	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmListPostLookupEnabled -bool YES
>
> This does not work here. The to-field is always empty. Even in mailing
> lists where I had written days ago.

I wasn't quite clear. A test version with this variable is not yet
released (I added it seconds before sending the reply).

> Maybe an important detail: I'm using only one mail account. All other
> addresses are either aliases of the main address or forwarding
> addresses of other providers (via Personalities feature of Fastmail).
> All of these addresses are inserted into the email addresses field of
> the account settings.

Ok, then you should have the correct From address for most replies and
new messages (if there are any messages to derive it from).