[MlMt] Rules to archive mail? (How to trigger rule-processing?)

Sun Feb 23 09:04:56 EST 2014

On 21 Feb 2014, at 18:34, Ingo Lantschner wrote:

> I created a Smart Mailbox with the condition of not within the last 90
> days and Mailboxes Any *Ingo Lantschner* (different from the Archive
> Mailbox!). This Smart Mailbox was filled immediately after creation
> with the expected messages. Then I added a rule to that Smart Mailbox
> with a similar condition and an action of moving to an other mailbox.
>
> Nothing happens. Mailbox —> Apply Rules moved the messages from
> *Ingo Lantschner* to *Archive*. But they are still visible in the
> Smart Mailbox.
>
> Any idea whey they are still visible?

Are you sure the mailbox is not also based on the mailbox you are moving
messages to?

> Is there a way to move the messages lets say once a day,

No, I don't think so.

> or if I open MailMate?

Hmm, I hadn't really given this much thought. Messages matching a smart
mailbox based on a date condition are not going to be triggered if the
date is reached while MailMate is closed. That might not be easily
solved without changing rules to be applied (if conditions match) to all
messages on startup. I'll give it some thought, but I think the solution
is also a solution to another problem (having to create a separate smart
mailbox for certain types of conditions/rules).