[MlMt] search for attachments

Zvi Biener zvistrash at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 09:22:47 EST 2014

Thanks, Benny.
Perhaps you can explain, or tell me where to read on, how attachments
are treated? This is what I'm wondering in particular:

I have a search condition that finds all messages whose
"Attachment-Count is not 0". This results for me in 4107 messages. I now
want to specify further conditions on the name of the attachment. I
used, just to experiment, "Attachment-Name is not xxx", with "all body
parts" selected. This results in 513 messages. Why does this eliminate
so many messages? (indeed, I don't have 3594 messages named "xxx" ;-)).
If I remove the "all body parts" condition, 0 messages are matched.

Can you explain how this works?

Thanks,
Zvi