[MlMt] Duplicate IMAP folders (from Apple Mail?)

Thu Feb 20 14:27:48 EST 2014

On 20 Feb 2014, at 19:42, Blair Hartsfield wrote:

> What is the best way (MailMate.app, Mail.app or other ways) to
> consolidate duplicate IMAP folders showing in MailMate?

Both MailMate and Apple Mail allow you to assign a mailbox type to an
IMAP mailbox. In MailMate you can right click a mailbox and use the
“Mailbox Type” menu, e.g., to assign “Delete Messages”.

> The odd thing is that, from daily use for example, both the -Deleted
> Messages folders are being used for discarding emails.

When you are sure only 1 mailbox is used then you can move messages to
that mailbox and then delete the empty “duplicate” mailboxes.

> Should I use MM?  Apple Mail?  Or….I actually do own these domains
> in question and have cPanel and/or WHM access to the web host box and
> could do that way?

If you have webmail then that might enforce certain mailbox names to be
used. You'll then need to tell MailMate and Apple Mail to use those
mailboxes.