[MlMt] Archiving shortcut for messages?

Tue Feb 18 03:44:04 EST 2014

On 18 Feb 2014, at 3:34, John Doernberg wrote:

> I have designated my "All Mail" folder in each account as an Archive
> folder, although I'm hesitant about the unintended consequences this
> may cause.

MailMate just moves the message as it would do with any other mailbox,
but I understand if you are hesitant. Gmail does not always behave as
one might expect. It should be safe though, i.e., I do not think you
risk losing messages.

> I like the idea of a custom key binding, but I looked at the
> description andam not command literate enough to try it.

It's also non-trivial. I just wanted you to know it was possible. Since
you now use All Mail as the default archive folder then it's relatively
easy to do. Save the attached file to this location:

	/Users/<john?>/Library/Application
Support/MailMate/Resources/KeyBindings/

You probably have to create part of that path, e.g. paste this in the
Terminal:

	mkdir -p ~/Library/Application\ Support/MailMate/Resources/KeyBindings/

Finally, go to the General preferences pane in MailMate (⌘,) and write
“John” in the key bindings text field. Now you should have archiving
assigned to ⇧A (you can change that if you like).