[MlMt] Rules to archive mail? (How to trigger rule-processing?)

Fri Feb 14 11:09:21 EST 2014

On 13 Feb 2014, at 11:19, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 12 Feb 2014, at 11:55, Ingo Lantschner wrote:
>
>> I just created a rule, that mails whose date is not within the last
>> 120 days should be moved to an other servers mailbox (a local
>> IMAP-server). But nothing happend - even after restarting MailMate.
>>
>> When/how are rules triggerd?
>
> Rules with date-based conditions only work for messages becoming a
> part of a mailbox for a different reason (initial arrival, mailbox
> move, tag change, ...). It currently does not work in cases like what
> you describe here.
>
> There is no workaround I believe (other than me improving how date
> conditions are handled).

And that's what I did. The latest test release should have working date
based smart mailboxes (if my changes work as expected). I've also
expanded the condition options to include hours and even minutes
(seconds seemed to be taking it too far). This also fixes some other
date-related bugs, e.g., if any mailboxes were based on a mailbox using
date-conditions.

Important note: This only works with rules if you create a separate
smart mailbox matching the messages you want to move (the rule of this
mailbox is then just the move-action). Since you move the messages then
this mailbox is always going to be empty, but this is how it works now.
It'll require a special event type to make it work without the separate
mailbox. That might be useful for other purposes as well, but it's not
yet implemented.

And no, I have not yet implemented “today”, “yesterday”, “this
week”, etc.