[MlMt] Showing all messages in subfolders

Tue Feb 11 10:37:46 EST 2014

On 11 Feb 2014, at 16:31, Jon Nall wrote:

> I have an IMAP folder (parent) that contains subfolders (children).
> When I select the parent folder I'd like the message list to be
> populated with the aggregation of all mails included in the children
> folders (and grandchildren, etc). Is this possible?

No. It's on my list, but that's actually for the purpose of having a
(smart) mailbox show the content of its smart mailbox children. It would
work for you too though if implemented.

> It's my understanding that the folders aren't truly hierarchical on
> the IMAP server itself (that hierarchy is communicated via a naming
> convention),

I'm not sure what would be “truly” hierarchal, but it's true that
it's based on a naming convention. That's not related to your feature
request though.

> so I expect this would be a client feature.

Yes, there is not way to tell an IMAP server that the content of a
mailbox should be based on its children.