[MlMt] Can "Displayed Count" for an IMAP account be told to ignore messages in Trash?

Tue Feb 11 08:21:24 EST 2014

On 11 Feb 2014, at 2:23, TJ Luoma wrote:

> I can tell the "Trash" folder to not show its unread count, but the
> account still shows unread messages.

I never really intended these full account mailboxes to be used for
anything but being able to see every message of a given account (note
that “All Messages” does not include trash/junk).

That said, I've considered/planned enabling the “Conditions” pane
for IMAP accounts/mailboxes (well, any mailbox). Technically, I don't
think it's a problem, but I guess I've been reluctant because it might
be a bit confusing to mix IMAP mailboxes and smart mailbox functionality
like this.

Given this you could reduce what is both displayed and counted for the
account mailboxes.

I'll look into how complicated it would be to enable conditions and if
it's not a problem then I'll make it one of those experimental 2.0
features such that you can try it out.