[MlMt] how to best configure MM/Gmail to handle Gmail "Send mail as"

Paula Coelho paulartcoelho at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 12:38:03 EST 2014

hi there,

here is the thing, i've got two work emails addresses, but their server
is very limited in space, so I forward everything to a Gmail account
now. I've added both work addresses in Gmail in "Send mail as" with the
"Not an alias" option.

when i read emails in MM, it does see it was send to the work address
and hitting reply works correctly putting the work email as sender. but
then the sent email is stored in the work IMAP server, and i loose the
thread abilities for that exchange.

bottom line: how can I make MM send an email with the sender being the
work address, but storing the message in Gmail server instead of the
work server?

thx
paula