[MlMt] trial/purchase

Tue Dec 9 14:52:50 EST 2014

On 9 Dec 2014, at 17:44, Stuart Selig wrote:

> i want to purchase mailmate because i see value.
>
> i'd feel better about the purchase if i understood more how to utilize
> the power of it.

Sounds reasonable.

> i'd like more rudimentary set-ups for filtering email, making sure the
> important emails don't get lost.

I'm not sure exactly what you are thinking of here. Filtering (rules) is
still a 2.0 experimental feature which can be enabled in the General
preferences pane. It's a stable feature though. After enabling it you
can find a Rules pane in the mailbox editor, e.g., by double-clicking
the Inbox. Rules can be added to any mailbox.

Maybe you are thinking of something like the VIP feature of Apple Mail?
Something similar can be done in MailMate using smart mailboxes and
rules, but it's not straightforward. You can ask for details if you
like.

Just in case this was what you meant: MailMate has no built-in spam
detection and won't move any messages automatically by default, but it
can integrate with SpamSieve (third party software).

Thanks for considering MailMate.