[MlMt] Moving/copying messages between IMAP accounts

Thomas Eckhold Thomas at Eckhold.eu
Sun Dec 7 11:32:12 EST 2014

On 7 Dec 2014, at 17:17, AC-Martin wrote:

> Is it possible to move/copy messages across IMAP accounts?

It is possible. My workflow:

1.  ALT-CMD-T to invoke the "Move to..." menu;
2. Select destination mailbox by typing a few letters of its name;
3. ENTER -> Message will be moved

OR

3. ALT-ENTER -> message will be copied

> I just tried it with a few messages by moving.  The messages were
> moved locally, but didn't appear server side when I checked with
> webmail.

Could it be that it takes a bit more time? Moving between different
accounts means that the message must be uploaded to the target server
and this may take some time (depending on message size and upload
speed).

> There's no copy option either.

See above. Its a hidden keyboard shortcut.

> On thinking, with the current smart mailbox setup and one message
> database, it seems as if it shouldn't be possible to move messages
> across accounts?

It is. I am doing that quite often.

Regards,

Thomas