[MlMt] Opening .eml attachments.

Sat Dec 6 04:26:34 EST 2014

On 5 Dec 2014, at 22:02, Scott A. McIntyre wrote:

> Now, I can Import the .eml, but for some reason that sent it to the
> Archive folder on my iCloud account (that was not the currently
> selected mailbox when I did the Import).

The “Import Messages...” window has a popup for explicitly selecting
the mailbox to be used for importing. It does not rely on the currently
selected mailbox.

> Is there a way to natively just open/view a .eml email attachment, or
> a better way to deal with them in MailMate?

No, it's unfortunately not a particularly efficient workflow. The
easiest is probably to right-click to save the attachment(s) and then
drag'n'drop them to the IMAP folder you would like to import them to.

(MailMate cannot display an email which has not been imported into
MailMate -- contrary to Apple Mail I believe.)