[MlMt] defer mail workflow in mailmate?

Sat Dec 6 04:22:38 EST 2014

On 5 Dec 2014, at 22:30, Kai Großjohann wrote:

> I once implemented "send later" for Gnus.  Maybe that could be a
> thing?  It's pretty easy to do: "Send later" stashes the draft in a
> special folder, adding a special header.  At some convenient time (use
> a trigger that happens often enough but not too often), go through the
> "send later" folder and send all mails whose time is up.
>
> I used it to send myself later a reminder.

Yes, “Send Later” is a very similar feature and it is already
implemented in MailMate. But it also has the problem of only working
locally. It does not synchronize with other installs of MailMate (and
this would be even harder to do than for deferred emails).

> I use very few folders so I don't know how threading works across
> folders, but with a little luck MailMate can already show me old
> messages from another folder when a new reply arrives -- that way I
> can easily refer back to the original mail I replied to.  This way,
> it's not a big problem that "send later" creates a new message.

Yes, you can easily find the thread of an email in MailMate. You can
also create a mailbox which always includes the thread of any messages
arriving in your Inbox.