[MlMt] Close to pulling trigger.

Robert Garcia rgarcia at bighead.net
Fri Dec 5 13:23:48 EST 2014

I manage several clients and our own mail server for all of them. I have
moved myself and several of my largest clients off of gmail (gapps)
email and onto our own mail server, zarafa, which has been working fine.
Most of us use macs and have been using Airmail as the client, which
works pretty well with Gmail. Airmail 2 came out and it has tons of
issues and takes up tons of CPU, etc. Also has bugs with Zarafa.

We went back to mac mail, which is so piggy and have been looking for
alternatives. I have downloaded and tried every mac client available.

Mailmate would not win a beauty contest, but it works great. I felt it
was sluggish and piggy, like apple mail, then I found the latest 64 bit
version. Wow, so smooth, nice, doesn't use much cpu, that made
everything better.

Before I recommend this to the rest of my family and clients, though, I
am struggling with one issue. How to make some type of smart folder with
VIP users? We all user our iPhones and iPads and use VIP, and when your
desktop client doesn't comply, it makes it tough. It is probably the
only single feature that pulls me back to apple mail.

Any thoughts?

--
Robert Garcia
BigHead Technology