[MlMt] Issue with Mailmate and Basecamp

Wed Apr 23 08:13:23 EDT 2014

On 22 Apr 2014, at 23:46, Dries Geeroms wrote:

>> Can you verify that the message only contains a plain text body part
>> (if you use ⌥⌘U when viewing the message in Sent Messages)? If it
>> does then I cannot see why it should fail. MailMate generates more
>> standard-compliant plain text emails than many other email clients.
>
> yep it does:

> [text]

The above should be fine if Basecamp requires plain text messages. You
can however probably create a reply so simple that neither
`format=flowed` or `quoted-printable` is needed (the latter should
rarely be needed at all, but the quoted text probably contains some very
long URLs or other non-breakable lines).

>> In other words, I'll probably need to see some proof that the problem
>> is MailMate before spending more time on looking into this issue :-)
>
> Let me know if you want me to help you debug, it's not a big deal for
> me as I hardly use base camp and like I said it does work for other
> Project Management tools...

Well, I really just want someone to tell me that a MailMate bug needs to
be fixed if that is the case :-)