[MlMt] Automating some emails

Tue Apr 22 09:05:27 EDT 2014

On 22 Apr 2014, at 14:19, Annamarie wrote:

> Basically, I respond to folks with the same form letter over and over.
>  I have the letter on TextExpander but every time I need to switch
> email accounts and to turn off signatures.

Why do you need to switch accounts? Are you not replying from the same
account (address) that these emails are sent to?

> (and if I do that in the wrong order then I have to delete the extra
> space at the top.)  Seems like I shouldn't have to do that. I thought
> Keyboard Maestro would be my answer.  An hour of exploring seems to
> indicate that KM can't access the commands for switching accounts and
> turn off the signature easily. That might be wrong.

I'm not an expert on the use of Keyboard Maestro. There are shortcuts to
open the menus (⌃⌘I and ⌃⌘S) and then some automated
arrowing-down would be needed. Maybe someone else can provide a clear
answer.

> There are probably many ways to do this.. what's easy? A template to
> call up my form letter?

Templated replies are still very experimental, but it's possible using
the `replyMessage` output action for bundle commands described earlier
today on this mailing list. That is still very low level and probably
not a viable solution for you. It would be possible though to create a
bundle using this feature which provided a GUI for selecting template
answers, but I cannot promise anything like that soon. (It might even be
possible to control signature and from-address, but I'm not 100% sure
about that.)

> P.S. And if "key bindings" is in the answer someone will have to
> explain those to me. : )

They are not going to help in this case I believe.