[MlMt] Cannot decode response

Thu Apr 17 08:12:26 EDT 2014

On 20 Mar 2014, at 17:36, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 20 Mar 2014, at 15:37, Brett Terpstra wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but I'm frequently
>> getting errors sending messages. "Cannot decode response." Is that an
>> issue with my Gmail server, or a known issue with MailMate?
>
> It's not a known issue. Well, now it is.

The issue above was fixed a while ago, but I forgot to update this
thread. Hold down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in the Software
Update preferences pane to get the latest test release.

> The past week or so I have had multiple reports about a problem with
> the SSL handshake. Primarily (or only) with Gmail, but it doesn't
> sound like it's related to this problem. Nevertheless, if anyone has
> this problem then it's discussed in ticket
> [651](http://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672/tickets/651). So
> far, it's unresolved.

The past few days/weeks I've fixed a number of minor issues and I've
also made a minor change to how the SSL handshake is done. I'm therefore
very interested in reports from anyone having issues with MailMate
regularly taking mailboxes/accounts to the unavailable/offline state.
Write me privately using “Help ▸ Send Feedback”. Make sure you are
using MailMate r4186 or later.