[MlMt] Archive by applying rules with default of move to Archive folder

Fredrik Jonsson frjo at xdeb.org
Thu Apr 17 03:20:11 EDT 2014

Dr Gregory Jefferis 2014-04-16 22:23 wrote:

> I already have smart mailboxes that define most of these searches. I
> was thinking that I could add a rule to the smart mailbox that said:
> * if this message is now in the archive folder then move it to its
> permanent folder.

I have set rules on a couple of my smart mailboxes that simply have an
action that moves mail to a specific mailbox. No conditions needed since
rules only seems to run on new messages.

I have also added rules to the Junk and Trash mailboxes with action to
add tag \Seen.

Attaching rules to mailboxes is a very smart solution when you figure it
out. The only problem is that it's hard to get an overview of your
rules.

Fredrik

--
Web: <http://xdeb.org/fredrik>