[MlMt] Stuck in "rebuild DB" loop

Billy Youdelman billy at MIX.COM
Mon Apr 14 20:38:36 EDT 2014

On 14 Apr 2014, at 16:24, Rob McClure wrote:

> Window size could be at fault, but I can’t get MM to run at all so I
> can’t look at the version _and_ can’t delete the draft. Any idea
> on what I can delete then restart MM to force a rebuild? I **Don’t**
> want to force a re-download of 40K messages _and_ don’t want to take
> up space for the old content and new. Any guidance would be
> appreciated!

Take a look here, using your email address in place of "Username at FQDN" -

~/Library/Application\
Support/MailMate/Messages/IMAP/"Username at FQDN"/Drafts.mailbox

This is where my draft messages are stored.  Take a look at the problem
message with a text editor; maybe there is something obviously wrong
with it.

There may be some complications if the drafts are indexed somewhere, and
one goes missing.  But, you could try moving it out of this directory,
then putting it back if need be.

There are also some database things stored here -

~/Library/Caches/com.freron.MailMate

I believe it's now 01:30 in Denmark, so I suppose it'll be a while
before Benny can offer some help...

ビリー ヨーデルマん
Billy Youdelman
+1 310 839 7673