[MlMt] BBEdit command bundle

Fri Apr 11 08:12:44 EDT 2014

On 10 Apr 2014, at 23:34, Fredrik Jonsson wrote:

> I have started working on a BBEdit command bundle and have some
> questions.

Thanks. I'm sure other BBEdit users are going to appreciate that. With
your permission I might want to add it to the set of bundles included
with MailMate (although I should first make it easier to enable/disable
bundles).

> 1. I tried to set environment variable MM_SUBJECT in the mmCommand
> file but it don't seem to work for some reason. The Textmate bundle
> does this as well so I guessed it should work?

You are missing a newline (the code is strict about this, but this was
also not really intended for hand-editing in the long run):

	environment = 'MM_SUBJECT=${subject.body:(no subject)}\n';

I've also added a default value. Some messages might not have a subject
body and then it's important with a default to not make your edit script
fail.

> 2. Would it be possible to add something like a "fileExtension"
> setting to the mmCommand file? Would be nice to set it to *.md so
> BBEdit knows I'm writing Markdown.

MailMate uses `.eml.markdown` when the Composer is in Markdown mode and
uses `.eml.txt` when the Composer is in non-Markdown mode. Do you see
something different?

> 3. The keyEquivalent in mmCommand seems to have no effect, the
> shortcut is stuck to "^C"? But the MacVim bundle has another shortcut.

Note that `^C` translates to ⌃⇧C. Does that help?

The plan is that all the editor bundles use the same shortcut, but the
user then has the ability to only enable one of these bundles.