[MlMt] Non-automatic signature

Scott A. McIntyre mailmate at howyagoin.net
Wed Apr 9 15:49:06 EDT 2014

Hi Fabian,

> I don't know your exact case, but I as a colleague, customer and
> service provider hate it, when people don't include at least a
> telephone number to their emails. I have often dates with my clients
> and it is really annoying, when the traffic is bad and I'm not able to
> call them, because there is not telephone number

I get your preference here - my request was merely one to see if there
was a way that MailMate, like other mail applications, could address my
personal way of preferring email.  I've always preferred to type a
command or click a button to get a specific signature added.

Unlike you, however, I detest (and never include) phone numbers in
signatures.  I also do not include it on my business card.  Again, a
personal preference, but, a phone call is an incredibly rude way to
communicate for my world.  It's a hard interrupt.  It stops everything.
It doesn't take into account that the person being called may have other
(electronic) things they are working on...and, sadly, 99% of the calls I
get are actually far better addressed by a simple, short, email.

But I work in a highly technical field and having things read out over
the phone is just silly anyway -- it needs to be documented and
cut-and-pastable.  If I need to have a call with someone, I can provide
a contact number, or I can call them -- but I like maintaining that
option manually.

Anyway, it's just a personal preference thing.  I was hoping there was
some secret toggle somewhere that would let the stored Signatures in the
Preferences exist, but only appear when I selected the one I wanted from
the Signature drop-down in a compose window.

Regards,
Scott