[MlMt] Non-automatic signature

Scott A. McIntyre mailmate at howyagoin.net
Wed Apr 9 05:23:18 EDT 2014

Hi,

>> It seems to be all or nothing, and whilst I appreciate the
>> intelligence MailMate tries to use to decide which signature to use,
>> I actually want to manually select one only every now and then.
>
> This is also the goal of the dynamic signatures. I would probably need
> to understand your contexts to understand the problem/request.

Simply put, I don't like email signatures unless I wish to specifically
convey a pre-canned set of information about how someone can get in
touch with me or recognise what part of an organisation I work for.

I look at them as business cards; I don't hand them out to everyone at
every meeting.  There are very few times when I want to include them,
and don't appreciate the huge waste of space they typically take up
(especially in the corporate world).

It's not a big deal, I just would prefer to have them there to select
from IF I wanted them -- but I usually don't.  I'll just manually type
them out/cut-paste from something else.

Ta,
Scott