[MlMt] GPG enhancements/annoyances

Christopher LILJENSTOLPE mailmate at cdl.asgaard.org
Wed Sep 11 14:39:12 EDT 2013

Greetings,

	Since we've been talking about GPG recently, here are two
enhancements/annoyances for thought:

1) Pinentry get's popped up some random time after you start composing
your message.  Since this steals focus, all of a sudden, your message
you were typing away at is now being input as your key's key.  Annoying.

2) In GPGMail, the selection of signing (or encrypting) is based, partly
on the existence of the requisite keys.  For example, my main mail
accounts (not this, for example) all have GPG keys, however, my list
keys (like this one) usually do not.  However, if I forget to uncheck
the sign button, it will attempt to sign the message, then complain that
a key doesn't exist.  It would be nice if you could have an option to
sign if a key is available, and not sign if not.  Same for encryption.

	Christopher

--
李柯睿
Check my PGP key here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.asc