[MlMt] Hide/Show Preview Pane and keyboard

Tue Sep 10 17:30:08 EDT 2013

On 10 Sep 2013, at 18:12, Ralph Alvy wrote:

> I notice that when I first start a reply to a message, unless I use
> the keyboard first (do some typing), I cannot hide or show the Preview
> Pane via the keyboard shortcut. I must first type some text. This
> behavior is not present when composing a new message. Only when
> replying.
>
> Not a major problem once you understand how to workaround it (just
> type something first).

I think the behavior is more random than that (at least for me). The
problem is related to the menu item for this being dynamically created.
Some times the key equivalents are not registered properly and (for a
while) they are simply ignored. I'm not really sure how to fix this. It
requires an understanding of how/when Cocoa updates menu item key
equivalents that I do not currently have. I'll note that I should look
into it.