[MlMt] Handling “[Gmail]/All Mail” gracefully

Daniel Mann daniel.mann at terranhost.com
Wed Oct 30 15:06:00 EDT 2013

On 30 Oct 2013, at 12:28, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 30 Oct 2013, at 17:24, Daniel Mann wrote:
>
>> In my use with 1.7 (3790), the [Gmail]/All Mail folder includes all
>> messages, not just those without labels in Gmail. Not a problem since
>> my labels are sparingly (and temporarily) used, so there should never
>> be any significant duplication, but for now there are at least some
>> messages duplicated between other labels/folders and [Gmail]/All
>> Mail.
>
> (In your case, r3790, I would also expect messages in the Inbox to be
> in All Mail.)

Yes, they were.

> You need to update to r3807 to get the correct All Mail behavior (or
> theoretically correct). Hold down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in
> the Software Update preferences pane. Let me know if that fixes the
> behavior. There should be no duplicates.

OK, updated to r3807. I restarted MailMate and synchronized the account.
Messages from other folders do still appear in [Gmail]/All Mail,
including messages from INBOX and from my Action folder.

I tried a couple of things to trigger a change: archived a message from
INBOX, and moved a message from All Mail to my Action folder. Nothing
seemed to change; however, the All Mail folder has been
updating/synchronizing (as indicated by the animated spinning graphic)
for about an hour now, and has not completed. I quit and re-launched
MailMate, and it went right back to synchronizing. Perhaps it is
updating something in the database for handling duplicates?

(Although it probably does not not make any difference, I'll mention for
completeness that I am using Google Apps with my domain name rather than
a gmail.com address… which, if that is of any relevance, you probably
observed already.)

-Daniel