[MlMt] Future Feature Thoughts (was Crowd Funding 2014)

Gustavo Daniel Villarreal irongus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 12:57:40 EDT 2013

On 30 Oct 2013, at 4:49, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 29 Oct 2013, at 15:19, Scott Blystone wrote:
>
>> Personally, I could not care less about Facebook, Twitter or other
>> social networking links, but the Dropbox integration seems quite
>> useful. Dropbox has recently opened up their API's some it's addition
>> into MailMate might not me all that difficult. Perhaps the addition
>> of Google Drive and/or other network storage systems would also be
>> desirable.

As far as I know, in Postbox when I tried it, the Dropbox integration
was pretty simple and mostly a convenience feature, saving the user from
manually doing the following tasks with a Drag and Drop:

- Copy file to user's Dropbox folder
- Obtain the file's Share URL by logging into Dropbox service,
indicating the file, and specifying the email addresses it wants to be
shared with
- Paste the Share URL in e-mail message

I guess it could be more complex than this, but it doesn't sound like
you need a lot of the Dropbox API to just do this operation. At least
Postbox didn't do much other than this. Eg. If you decide to remove the
attachment from the email, it doesn't remove it from the Dropbox folder,
so its not a super complete Dropbox integration.