[MlMt] When is version 2 coming out

CSS css at morefoo.com
Tue Oct 29 01:33:04 EDT 2013

On Oct 28, 2013, at 11:44 PM, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:

> On 29.10.2013, at 04:33, Assai Mail <mail at assai.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> After using Apple Mail, I love the standards compliance of MM. But I would still like a few more bells and whistles.
>>
>> Does anyone know the release date for version 2?
>
> You might want to have a look at http://freron.com/crowdfund2014/

I'm not an active MailMate user, but I keep watching to see what's going on with it in hopes that one day every Mac that I have will be beefy enough to comfortably run MailMate and the giant pile of mail I've accumulated over the past decade and a half.  When the old CoreDuo MBP goes to the grave, I'll be moving from Mail.app to something else, hopefully MailMate.

That said, it seems like crowdfunding without one of the big crowdfunding sites backing it is going to really limit the amount of attention this effort might receive.  Those sites all make it terribly easy for everyone interested to spam their social media communication tools of choice with news of this, and putting this project up alongside other projects looking to push a software project ahead is ultimately going to draw more attention, perhaps even some in the Mac media outlets (who seem to mostly ignore this amazing email client in favor of stuff like Sparrow and Postbox - I really had to look hard to find MailMate even existed).

Just an idea, but I think putting the crowdfunding on IndieGoGo or similar could really give MailMate more exposure while also raising the needed funds.

My $0.02 and all…

Charles