[MlMt] mailMate unusable due to server error messages/dialog windows

Jason Davies ophiochos at me.com
Fri Oct 25 06:13:29 EDT 2013

Hi folks

My college Exchange (via IMAP) account is making it impossible to use
MailMate because of an endless string of error messages halting
everything.
![](cid:30D86957-A8D1-477A-8E4A-1421FE9A1A2D at me.com "Screen Shot
2013-10-25 at 11.04.23.png")

There are two issues (given I can't do anything about the server)

1) the frequency: I get bursts of these every second or two for several
*minutes* sometimes. Everything else just stops so I can click on Always
Ignore for a while. Not fun. Otherwise they are 'just frequent' and
annoying.

2) The sheer number of UIDs listed means that the error window scrolls
below the screen so all I can do is click return to temporarily ignore.
I can't actually persuade the window to show me the Always Ignore
option. So it returns...

Is there a more graceful way to manage this? Eg can I hit Always Ignore
via the keyboard? Can the errors be stored in a log rather than require
a prompt? AT this point I'd rather have them just collect as notes since
I can't actually do anything about them anyway so the window's options
are meaningless....

thanks.