[MlMt] Crowd Funding 2014

Mon Oct 21 17:27:57 EDT 2013

On 21 Oct 2013, at 16:34, Ryan Erwin wrote:

> Did you send a notice about the crowd funding opportunity to all of
> your licensed users? I didn't notice one - I only saw notice through
> the mailing list.

No, not yet. I'm thinking I might postpone this until after I decide
whether or not to make a “real” crowd funding page.

> If you don't want to send an email blast, perhaps you should send a
> link inside of the MailMate updates.

Same answer.

> If you get a 5-10% response rate to your offer, your doing pretty
> good. I also noticed that the crowd funding link you sent in MailMate
> wasn't a working link. The link in your emails is to
> http://freron.com/crowdfunding2014 but the valid website link is
> http://freron.com/crowdfund2014/

Thanks!

> Perhaps we can all work together on some ideas to help Benny promote
> MailMate, point out the features that will show why every hacker needs
> a copy of MailMate, and eventually put together a short, sweet, 3
> minute screencast of what MailMate 2.0 could be, the post it on
> indiegogo (why not kickstarter?) and try this again.

As proven by my track record then I'm really bad at taking the time to
do a screencast. I haven't even played with screencasting software (I
also fear a very amateurish result). But a screencast is probably a
must-have for a real crowd funding site.

I just looked into indiegogo before Kickstarter. I'll have to compare
them and also make sure it is not a problem that I'm located in Denmark.

> Personally, I use MailMate more than any other program on my MBA, and
> I carry it around with me everywhere. I would hate to see this program
> stagnate, it's already so much better at search than Mail.app, but
> there is still so much that could be done to make MailMate truly
> great.

I cannot disagree with that :-)

http://freron.com/crowdfund2014/