[MlMt] Address Pattern help

Jeff Holland public-xdx77z at ouimail.org
Thu Nov 28 05:25:51 EST 2013

Benny Kjær Nielsen (28.11.2013) :

> If I understand correctly then it should be sufficient if you have
> listed your email addresses in the IMAP account settings. If that
> doesn't work then I'll need more details (account settings and an
> example message for which replying fails to have the correct From
> address).

An example message would be any message from this mailing list. In any
such message, I can see an "Envelope-to" header which contains my public
email address, but it seems like MailMate doesn't look at that header to
determine the correct "From" address.

By contrast, when I reply to a message which has my public address in a
"To" or "Cc" header, MailMate correctly chooses it as the "From"
address.

My initial thought was, "Wouldn't it be nice if MailMate remembered
which "From" address I use to reply to a given recipient the way it
remembers signature usage per recipient?" But maybe it just needs to
also consider the "Envelope-to" header. I don't know.