[MlMt] Reply to selection of text

Wed Nov 27 04:37:47 EST 2013

On 27 Nov 2013, at 10:29, Jeff Holland wrote:

> Benny Kjær Nielsen (27.11.2013) :
>
>> Good point. Yes, it's actually still HTML (for display purposes), but
>> if MailMate is not even able to parse that then I would consider it a
>> bug.
>>
>> (You can also use ⌥⌘[ to switch to the plain text body part if
>> “Prefer Plain Text” is not enabled.)
>
> Would it be possible and sensible for you to base the text selection
> on the plain text body part of the message (if one exists), and only
> convert the HTML as a last resort? (To do this automatically behind
> the scenes regardless of the "Prefer plain text" setting, I mean.)
> Would this give you better results?

No, it would probably be a lot harder to locate the corresponding part
of the plain text body part than it would be to improve the direct
handling of selected text in the HTML body part (in some cases it would
be impossible). It's far from impossible to improve the latter. It's
mainly a question of priorities. I have an idea though with respect to
how I could improve this without too much effort... I'll give that a
shot ;-)