[MlMt] Markdown numbering in lists not honoured?

Jason Davies ophiochos at me.com
Tue Nov 26 13:50:30 EST 2013

On 26 Nov 2013, at 15:36, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> Background info: A typical rich text message has two body parts as
> subparts of a so-called multipart/alternative (MIME) body part. One
> body part is plain text and one body part is HTML. The receiving email
> client can show either of these. By default MailMate shows HTML, but
> this can be changed in the Viewer preferences pane. Some receiving
> email clients can only show plain text.

ah, impeccable logic.

BUT - this is one of my favourite markdown features. ANd it's vanilla
markdown so it's confusing. So I - politely - request that some other
workflow be possible, perhaps even to the extent of having the plain
text version be 'corrected' (possibly with a warning?)

I can see this one will divide people though. I want to be able to make
a list without worrying about numbering (because I *always* end up
adding something between 3 and 4 etc)?

Or is there a utility that does this on the fly? It's surprisingly
difficult, even with something like Multimarkdown Composer

(Feels like a Services thing to build, but how would I build it..which
engine could do this?)