[MlMt] SmartyPants

thfl at me.com thfl at me.com
Tue Nov 26 07:51:06 EST 2013

> What would SmartyPants do that can’t be accomplished right now using standard OS X text settings. These settings can be adjusted for MailMate’s existing composer window.

OS X text settings are useless if you write in languages that require different quoting characters. I would have to change the substitution chars manually each time for a German mail, a French mail, an English mail. This is not convenient at all, it is easier to type in the correct chars literally.

With smarty pants on the other hand I could quickly paste in a header line, e.g. »Quotes language: germanguillemets«. Of course, this should not force HTML.

--
Thomas