[MlMt] Prevent line wrapping in plain text emails

Tue Nov 19 05:39:30 EST 2013

On 19 Nov 2013, at 4:55, Sherif Soliman wrote:

> Bill, I appreciate the detailed description of the issue. It helps me
> at least understand what's happening.

It's a complicated issue (with a lot of misunderstandings), but the sad
thing is that it didn't have to be that way.

> Benny: Thanks for the reply. So if I understand this correctly, there
> is no way to stop this from happening when replying to emails from
> Gmail contacts? No pref I can modify to stop MailMate from wrapping
> the quoted paragraphs that way when replying?

No, but I am aware of the problem.

A workaround: Hit ⌘A to select all text in the message and then hit
reply. MailMate is then forced to base the reply on the selected text
(if you have that setting enabled). This might not always work well for
quoted text.