[MlMt] MailMate does not import iCloud Account

Fri Nov 15 04:57:18 EST 2013

On 15 Nov 2013, at 10:46, F Bolte wrote:

> A0 NO [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication failed”. Command
> attempted: “A0 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN •••••••••••"

I've seen other users report that it can be fixed by only using the
username to login instead of the email address, i.e., `user` instead of
`user at example.com` as the “Username” setting of the account.

If this is correct then it means Apple's documentation is wrong (at
least for some email addresses).

> This Apple support document[1] suggests to use TLS in case of SSL
> problems, but I don't see any option for it.

MailMate takes care of that and just calls everything SSL (although not
strictly correct). I should probably just rename it to “Secure
Connection” or something like that. If you want all the confusing
details then read this well-informed
[description](http://luxsci.com/blog/ssl-versus-tls-whats-the-difference.html).