[MlMt] MailMate does not import iCloud Account

F Bolte fbolte at me.com
Fri Nov 15 04:46:44 EST 2013

Hi list,

I discovered MailMate yesterday and am very intrigued. So I downloaded and launched.
MailMate imported all but my iCloud Account. It seems it could not access it at all; the account wasn't even listed.
I then tried to add it manually, but always get this authentication error:

A0 NO [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication failed”. Command attempted: “A0 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN •••••••••••"

No matter if SSL is activated or not, no difference between imap.mail.me.com and p04-imap.mail.me.com.

This Apple support document[1] suggests to use TLS in case of SSL problems, but I don't see any option for it.

I'm running »Mavericks« (13A603)

I could not find any related topics in the mailing list archive.

Any suggestions?

fbolte

[1]: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4864