[MlMt] gpg2 error re OpenPGP messages

Michael A. Alderete lists-2010 at alderete.com
Thu Nov 14 22:36:34 EST 2013

>> So because Will has sent this as a secure message and because I somehow have a copy of MailMate that doesn’t include GPGTools, I get a message that seems to imply that Will’s message is somehow less verifiable than all the messages that I get that don’t have any errors?
>>
>> This seems less than intuitive.
>>
> Will Styler answered this, but I'd like to add that if you have disabled “verification and decryption” in the Security preferences pane then the banner should not be shown. It's on by default though, but maybe I shouldn't do that…

Can MailMate detect if GPG is available / installed? If so, then perhaps it should do that on first run. If it's installed, default for this pref is ON. If it's not installed, default is off.

If it's at all possible, app messages / banners should also take into consideration whether GPG is installed. If it's not, the banner should say that, rather than something about an email message it's impossible for MailMate to process because of the missing tool.

Michael
--
Michael A. Alderete
<alderete at haightlife.com>                tel: +1 (415) 609-5757