[MlMt] Too many logins?

Thu Nov 14 16:02:56 EST 2013

On 14 Nov 2013, at 21:01, Will Styler wrote:

> So, my IMAP server (fast mail) only allows 1000 logins/hour.  I've not
> run into this limit in any app (except OfflineIMAP, but that's a whole
> other bag of issues), yet this seems to be happening often in
> Mailmate.

This is new to me, but it could of course be a bug only affecting some
users.

> I've currently got all mailboxes but INBOX set to "manual", and INBOX
> is set to CONNECTED (which I assume means "IDLE").  The activity
> viewer shows one IDLE for inbox, but somehow, I've just hit the limit
> again.

If MailMate is somehow “busy looping”, i.e., repeatedly reconnecting
to the server then you should be able to see it in the Activity Viewer.
Note that you can click on the connections to see the log in the lower
part of the window.

MailMate also reuses connections which means that it does not reconnect
to synchronize a mailbox if it already has a connection to the server
(these connections time out though after a few minutes).