[MlMt] gpg2 error re OpenPGP messages

Erik Mueller-Harder edmh2011 at erikmh.org
Thu Nov 14 12:07:48 EST 2013

and Will Styler wrote:

> I show my sent message as verified just fine. I've installed GPG using
> GPGTools, and Mailmate had no problem doing all the GPG-ish things I
> love, without any configuration.

  So because Will has sent this as a secure message and because I
somehow have a copy of MailMate that doesn’t include GPGTools, I get a
message that seems to imply that Will’s message is somehow less
verifiable than all the messages that I get that *don’t* have any
errors?

This seems less than intuitive.

What should I tell my wife or my mother-in-law when they see an error
like this?

And is there something I should do to make sure that my copy of MailMate
supports GPG?  (And is it “GPG” or “PGP”?  I’d thought it was
“PGP” for “pretty good privacy”.)

Thanks for any further elucidation,

— Erik