[MlMt] Uh-oh. Imap just bit me...

Seebs mailmate-list at seebs.net
Fri Nov 8 19:07:54 EST 2013

On 8 Nov 2013, at 17:45, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> I should also warn that moving messages from an online account to an
> offline account does not work well. Internally, MailMate never deletes
> a message from its source mailbox before it has been uploaded to the
> destination mailbox (when it's different accounts). There is actually
> no easy way to see this in MailMate (usually it's an intermediate
> state until synchronization), but it's possible to find these messages
> by using some internal virtual headers. I'll give this some thought.

I keep coming back to the theory that maybe MailMate should have an
option for "offline accounts" which basically consists of running a
virtual IMAP server on a non-standard port and keeping a separate copy
of that account's messages. The appeal here is that it gives you two
copies of that mail; the anti-appeal is that it gives you two copies of
that mail. But if you care about reliable backups more than space, well.

-s