[MlMt] Uh-oh. Imap just bit me...

Fri Nov 8 18:45:55 EST 2013

On 8 Nov 2013, at 18:15, Bill Cole wrote:

> [offline IMAP account as local storage]
>
> One flaw in this approach which should be known if you use IMAP flags
> extensively is that if you ever have to rebuild your MM database from
> messages, you lose any flags that have been set on the messages in a
> fake account.

I should also warn that moving messages from an online account to an
offline account does not work well. Internally, MailMate never deletes a
message from its source mailbox before it has been uploaded to the
destination mailbox (when it's different accounts). There is actually no
easy way to see this in MailMate (usually it's an intermediate state
until synchronization), but it's possible to find these messages by
using some internal virtual headers. I'll give this some thought.