[MlMt] Question on 'MmDynamicSignatureMethod' preference

Sat Nov 2 07:48:03 EDT 2013

On 1 Nov 2013, at 16:06, Steve Mayer wrote:

> I was trying to get the MmDynamicSignatureMethod preference to work
> with the messageType setting.  I must be missing something (other that
> setting the preference) as I'm not seeing any difference in signatures
> on a new message vs. a reply.

You need to use it before it works, i.e., if you often select a
different signature for replies then MailMate is going to start using
that one for replies.

> Is there something else that needs to be done (such as setting up
> shortened signatures)?

Try clearing the signature cache to start over (in the Signatures
preferences pane). Then write and reply to a few messages and use the
Signature menu to select your preference every time. Then see if
MailMate starts to pick the one you would expect for new messages and