[MlMt] Unable to send GMail

Eric A. Meyer eric at meyerweb.com
Wed May 8 16:48:34 EDT 2013

At 16:30 -0400 5/8/13, Eric A. Meyer wrote:

>All of a sudden I'm consistently getting errors like this from gsmtp
>when I try to send mail:
>
>S: 421 4.7.0 Temporary System Problem.  Try again later (SF).
>d51sm122311yho.14 - gsmtp
>Error: Unexpected return code 421 (expected 250):
>"4.7.0 Temporary System Problem.  Try again later (SF).
>d51sm122311yho.14 - gsmtp".
>

>...where the "d51sm122311yho.14" part is different for every
>failure, but the rest is the same.  I quit and relaunched MailMate
>Version 1.5.4 (3371), which has been sending mail just fine since I
>installed it; no change after relaunch.

Followup to that: I can't send mail via my other mail account either,
though apparently for a different reason.  Receiving mail on both
accounts seems to be fine.  Here's what I see in the latest failure
(I altered the server name):

Trying to connect to server.example.com on port 25
Error: Failed connecting to host (server.example.com:25).
	"error:0200203D:system library:connect:Connection refused"
	"error:2007306E:BIO routines:CONN_STATE:nbio connect error"
Clearing connection to server.example.com
Trying to connect to server.example.com on port 587
Error: Time limit (15s) reached while trying to write data (server.example.com)
Error: Additional errors suppressed.
Clearing connection to server.example.com
Trying to connect to server.example.com on port s465

    Any clues as to why I might have two utterly different mail
services suddenly fail to accept outbound mail, apparently
simultaneously?  I have rebooted my MBP, to no avail.

--
Eric A. Meyer (eric at meyerweb.com)     http://meyerweb.com/