[MlMt] Identifying threads

Wed Mar 13 18:00:45 UTC 2013

On 13 Mar 2013, at 17:47, Ben Beuchler wrote:

> What criteria does MailMate use to decide that a message is part of a
> thread?

MailMate threading is based on Message-ID/In-Reply-To/References
headers.

> My current issue is that it does not thread messages sent via Request
> Tracker (a popular trouble ticket system) as I would expect.  RT does
> use  both In-Reply-To and References headers.

Sounds like it could be a bug — most likely in the code for parsing
the relevant headers. You can send me the headers of two messages which
should be parent/child and I'll see if I can reproduce the issue. You
can send them off-list if you like.