[MlMt] BusyCal Integration

David Levy entropydave at mac.com
Tue Mar 5 21:05:46 UTC 2013

On 4 Mar 2013, at 20:43, Alexandre Takacs wrote:

> I'm pretty sure it has been already covered in the past but what is
> the status of about using MM in conjunction with BusyCal v2 ?
>
> It would be really nice to have both program working in unison…

Hi Alexandre

There was some integration before BusyCal v2, however it involved
changing some internal scripts in BusyCal.  Now that BusyCal is signed
and GateKeeper-ready, they do not recommend changing the scripts.  So
the previous integration is broken.

I wrote to them recently to find a way to get them to at least disable
the automatic launch of Mail whenever I confirmed my attendance at an
invited meeting.  They had a go at trying to fix it but found it
problematic.  The last they said was that they were looking at the
problem and would try to fix it later.

In any case, a fix there would not solve the general problem of not
being able to get all BusyCal email interactions to work with MailMate.
I think Benny would need to get in touch with them again, advise them of
the current state of custom URIs he supports and whether any allow
passing an attachment, and then see if they can add support.

Like you, I would like this very much.

David.