[MlMt] Change Standard Search Field of Custom Search

Eric A. Meyer eric at meyerweb.com
Fri Mar 1 14:35:17 UTC 2013

At 10:07 +0000 3/1/13, David Levy wrote:

>On 1 Mar 2013, at 5:53, Mateusz Parzonka wrote:
>
>>>  Note that one can setup multiple search conditions (such as from,
>>>to, common, Š) since any conditions with empty text fields are
>>>ignored when searching. Kind of a hack, but it can be useful if
>>>you have more than one favorite kind of search.
>>>

>>  Thanks Benny, this is incredibly powerful. Once configured with
>>3-4 conditions, I think this should be enough for most queries one
>>can come up with. And then you just fly through your incremental
>>search by tabbing through the fields. Killer feature, really.
>
>I agree.  I knew about the menu item but not about the empty fields
>aspect.  This is an (unintended perhaps) very powerful feature.
>Certainly this aspect should go in the occult FAQ.

    I'm going to chime in with my jaw-dropped applause.  An incredibly
great feature.
    Speaking of the occult FAQ, is there a wiki that we users could
use to start building that FAQ?  That would take most of the onus off
Benny, and eventually whatever gets compiled could be captured as a
static FAQ for inclusion in MailMate's help files.  If there isn't
one, I might be able to set one up.  I dimly recall setting up a
MediaWiki install once upon a time...

--
Eric A. Meyer (eric at meyerweb.com)     http://meyerweb.com/