[MlMt] New problem with Gmail

Eric A. Meyer eric at meyerweb.com
Wed Jun 5 10:28:45 EDT 2013

At 20:59 +0200 6/4/13, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>On 4 Jun 2013, at 17:32, Eric A. Meyer wrote:
>
>>  At 15:28 +0200 6/4/13, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>>
>>>  One user claims the problem has disappeared. This is not the case
>>>  for me (at least not an hour ago).
>>
>>  Here's a second user saying it's disappeared.  I've sent some
>>messages this morning, and none of them have gotten stuck in
>>Drafts. All have appeared in Sent Mail.  I didn't update; currently
>>running Version 1.5.4 (3384).
>
>It seems it varies a lot for users. The problem may also be affected
>by a race condition since both MailMate and Googles SMTP server
>talks to the IMAP server (and I have no idea exactly how the latter
>works). In any case, I expect future versions of MailMate to work
>without this and similar Sent Messages related problems (which have
>been discussed on this list a long time ago).

    Dunno if this helps, but I just tested a manual workaround that
worked to clear out two stuck draft messages from yesterday.
    I looked in my Drafts folder in the GMail source, and saw a whole
lot of messages marked with red dots except for two.  There were
already copies of those two (and all the others) in the Sent Mail
source folder, but the two Drafts copies hadn't been red-dotted.
    I manually dragged the messages from Drafts to Sent Mail.  There
was a flicker of activity, and then the two Drafts messages showed up
there again, but this time with the red dots.  The copies in Sent
Mail were still there, and no duplicates were created in Sent Mail.
    I wasn't watching the Activity monitor, so I can only guess, but
it feels like my attempt to manually drag the messages over forced
GMail to re-evaluate them, thus getting them red-dotted in Drafts
without creating duplicates in Sent Mail or any other icky side
effects.

--
Eric A. Meyer (eric at meyerweb.com)     http://meyerweb.com/